The liver is the largest organ in the body and has over 500 known functions including filtering all chemicals and wastes from the blood. Your liver can become stressed for a variety of reasons, including liver disorders, response to medications, poor diet, overeating and over-indulgence of alcohol.
Milk thistle is traditionally used to support the liver, gallbladder and kidneys, enabling these organs to operate at peak efficiency. Flora’s Milk Thistle plus promotes the liver’s production of bile, which is stored in the gallbladder until needed to digest oils and fats.
Silymarin, an active ingredient in milk thistle, is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radical oxidation that can cause cellular damage.
- Used as a liver protectant and in herbal medicine to promote a healthy liver
- Helps to support liver function
- Used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve digestive disturbances
- Milk Thistle plus is a synergistic combination of standardized extracts of milk thistle, dandelion root, and artichoke leaf work together to support the liver and large intestine
- Milk Thistle plus is available in recyclable glass bottles of 60 vegetarian capsules
- Safe for long-term use